Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Third Sunday in Ordinary Time


 I know I did this but must have forgotten to save it so I will write again and this time concentrate on how Jesus first begins to call his disciples. He was just passing by the Sea of Galilee when he saw Simon and his brother, Andrew. They were casting their nets into the sea. I guess he waited, according to this picture, until they had come ashore. Then he just said to them, "Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men." I do not know that they understood what Jesus was saying, but they abandoned their nets and followed him.

Then Jesus walked a little farther and swa James and John in a boat mending their nets. Jesus called them andthey left their fater Zebedee in the boat and they followed Jesus. 

It is really worth reflecting on the call of these first four Apostles. They did not hesitate to leave all to follow Jesus. Jesus continues to call each of us. Are we ready to leave our own things, our concerns, our plans and follow wherever Jesus is calling each of us right now? 

No comments: