Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2021

New Writing Seminar at Oakwood


 Our new activity director has initiated many things to keep us busy. I feel that I am too busy, but I have joined a seminar for writing our memoirs. I actually did do mine up to 2003, I think, but will be glad to add to it. So far we have done several exercises in writing: Describe a room; invent a word, write a description of a person you know. I wrote about my maternal grandfather who was the perfect gentleman, always well groomed and correct. Given a beer, he would sing us all the Irish songs. Now we are to write something we want to share with others about our own life and we can send it around for comments and suggestions.

I also go to the Saturday afternoon movie. I do not have time for the other morning activities: movies and documentaries weekdays- my morning is busy without those activities. I also have not been going to the different games and exercises that are offered every afternoon, Monday to Friday. 

I have two or three zooms with groups weekly and sometimes an individual meeting by zoom or in the parlor. Then, I do write notes and keep up with emails, or at least try to keep up. All of this will help you to see why I find it very important to listen to the Spirit and discern my daily schedule. 

I did enjoy going to San Rafael on Wednesday to see my Spiritual Director. We had lunch outside and then I had a good visit and we are planning a zoom for Mater's Feast on October 20. We now can have RSCJ come for Mass, but they are to wear a mask. 

The homecoming football game is tomorrow and I hope it is late enough so I can go to the 2:00 movie. I heard that we can go to the football game if we sit away from the crowd and wear masks. The students worked on floats last Sunday for the parade at half-time. 

This is not the blog I thought I was going to write; it is what is going through my head today. One thing I learned in writing in yesterday's seminar is to never apologize. No "buts" and I think I was just about to use one!

No comments: