Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"I always do what is pleasing to Him"

Jesus said: "The one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to Him." (Jn 8)

These lines from today's Gospel have had a special meaning for me for over thirty years. I was praying in Chile before a meeting where I was to speak to our younger religious about their own spiritual formation. Suddenly, I heard interiorly but clearly these words spoken to me by Jesus: I will not leave you alone but I want you to choose always what is pleasing to me."
Those words are a continual call to me to lead a discerning life. I do not always choose what is pleasing to Jesus, but that call makes me aware of the fact that all day long I can choose what pleases Jesus or turn away. Joy comes from choosing what pleases Jesus and this pleases me - and, of course, the Father.

No comments: