Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2007

"Never before has anyone spoken as this man."

When the temple guards did not arrest Jesus, the chief priests and the Pharisees asked them why they had not done so. The guards answered, "Never before has anyone spoken as this man."

Jesus had the gift for teaching and preaching. He attracted crowds and therefore was a threat to those who would control the people.
I have the opportunity each day to listen to Jesus in prayer. How do I listen? He speaks when I am silent. One of the words that I hear often this Lent is, "Trust me; do not be afraid for I am with you."
Another word from Jesus this Lent is "Learn of Me that I am gentle and humble of heart." May these words of Jesus transform me so that I may live in union with the Heart of Jesus.

No comments: