Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Feast of St. John


St. John was the beloved disciple; he was one who followed Jesus from the moment that John the Baptist pointed to Jesus as the Lamb of God. He and his brother, James, were always with Peter and Jesus. They had left their boats and all to follow Jesus and were with him at the Transfiguration and the Agony in the Garden.
As I reflected on the first reading today from I John:1-4, I was struck by the desire John had to proclaim to us what he had seen and heard so that we, too, may have fellowship with the Father and with his Son. He states: "We are writing this so that our joy may be complete." Have I the zeal that desires to proclaim Jesus in all the ways possible to me?

I also like the last verse of today's responsorial Psalm (Ps 97:11-12):
"Light dawns for the just; and gladness for the upright of heart.
Be glad in the Lord, you just, and give thanks to his holy name."


It appeals to me as I am trying to live each day in joy and gratitude!

No comments: