Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2007

Fifth antiphon: "O Radiant Dawn"


"O Radiant Dawn, splendor of eternal light, sun of justice; come, shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death."
Again, it is Christ, our Light, who will dispel the darkness.

That reminds me that I wanted to share with you a quote from Mother Teresa's Come Be My Light. The book was given to me by a very good friend for Christmas and I just opened it before as I know he would be happy to have me reading it. Here is the quote and she was speaking to her Sisters:
"Cheerfulness is a sign of a generous and mortified person who forgetting all things, even herself, tries to please her God in all she does for souls. Cheerfulness is often a cloak which hides a life of sacrifice, continual union with God, fervor and generosity. A person who has this gift of cheerfulness very often reaches a great height of perfection. For God loves a cheerful giver and He takes close to His heart the religious He loves."

No comments: