Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Own Antiphons


Last year I created my own O antiphons and thought I would share some of them with you.

O Come, O Come Emmanual
Wake my weary heart that slumbers still
So sluggish to your daily presence.
Come this Advent to transform my will.

O Come, O come tiny Infant dear
Attract me to your crib by helplessness;
My heart and arms reach out to hold you.
Come and fill me with your tenderness.

O Come, O come ever Faithful one;
Call me back to fervor everyday
That I may truly live for You alone
Who for love left your heavenly home.

O Come, O come Shepherd of us all
Who knows each sheep deeply and by name;
We follow joyfully when you call
Come to seek us all,when strayed or lame.


The other half will be posted later. Do try writing your own!

No comments: