Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2009

First Sunday of Lent and Spring Break

I will be driving to Gainesville on Wednesday to spend three nights in the Cenacle there to see my spiritual director and begin Lent with some days of prayer. It seems the best way to spend my Spring break this year; actually, because my international on-line Program in Spirituality Studies never gets a Spring break, I have not really taken one for years. Now it seems good to do so and give myself a break from the computer. My entries will be scheduled ahead until I return on March 9th. I shall keep all my readers in prayer and hope you enjoy the Spring photos and the quotes!

Here is Charles de Foucauld's prayer which I love even if it is for strong souls:
Father, I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I thank you; I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures. I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul; I offer it to you with all the love of my heart, for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself, to surrender myself into your hands without reserve, and with boundless confidence, for you are my Father.


I did prepare Sunday last Thursday, but here are the other readings: Genesis 9:8-19) and 1 Peter 3:18-22. The first reading has God renewing the covenant with Noah.
In the second reading, Peter tells us that Christ suffered for sins once, the righteous for the sake of the unrighteous, that he might lead you to God.

Let us let ourselves be led to God by Christ!

No comments: