Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday of the First Week of Lent


This is another one of my favorite pictures. Water is a special image for me and I love to be near the ocean. I suspect I will have been there yesterday as please remember that I am on Spring Break and on my way to the Cenacle today.

To continue with the attitudes mentioned by our Mother General in her conference, the third one is a transparency before God inspired by that of Sophie who longed to live her life always open to the Spirit.
If you remember, I shared that I wanted to live this year in joy and gratitude and transparency! I was thinking more perhaps of being transparent before God and others, but I see that it means living open to the Spirit. I shall reflect on my efforts at transparency while in Gainesville! Again, be assured that all of you, known and unknown, are in my prayer.

Today is the Feast of St. Casimir, a 15th century Polish prince who chose a life of celibacy and asceticism. He was known for his care for the poor and his sense of justice.
Today's Gospel is Luke 11:29-32 but you can do you own reflection and I shall just copy here this lovely bit from Teresa of Avila: "Let nothing disturb you, nothing
affright you; all things are passing, God never changes. Patience attains all that it strives for; one who possesses God finds nothing lacking: God alone suffices."

No comments: