Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

This is a "teddy sheep" and not a real, live one



Although Sunday is the Feast of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, I am into the Novena for the Feast of the Sacred Heart and this year all the readings are about sheep. I looked for images and found some, but real sheep are not pretty; in fact, sheep are rather dirty and dumb-looking. Maybe God loves them just as they are and finds them beautiful. I decided to begin with this "teddy sheep" that resembles just a little bit the fuzzy lamb that a friend gave me for Christmas in 2008; it usually is on my bed or on the file case in my room snuggled up to a stuffed animal that looks like a tiger. I think of myself often as a lamb being carried in the arms of Jesus so the picture today could fit better than a real sheep. However I am working up to another picture where I am one of a flock of real sheep following Jesus, my Shepherd.

No comments: