Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

August and the end of vacation



Usually when August comes I am busy planning the opening of courses, attending some meetings at the University, and feeling that vacation is over. This year is very different. I am going to a meeting at the University tomorrow, but after that I am free and will leave early Wednesday morning for San Diego where I will have a week with family and then six days of retreat. Because of this trip I will be giving the blog a vacation, too. Expect me back about August 21 and enjoy this month. It is usually hot in most of the United States, but San Diego is famous for its good climate all year round. My sister actually reminded me to bring a sweater!

I would ask your prayer for my retreat, August 12-19. It is shorter this year but I had three wonderful days in May at a retreat house on the ocean and I suspect I will have retreat days in Advent as I have been doing every year for at least five years.
I will be in retreat for the Feast of the Assumption of Mary, August 15 and suspect my retreat will be made close to Mary.

1 comment:

Yvette Fuentes said...

Dear Sr. Helen,

Have a wonderful vacation in San Diego and a blessed retreat! You're in my prayers and I look forward to your blog entries upon your return.
Peace & Prayers,
Yvette