Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Each of us has a mission...called to change the world



Yesterday I quoted both John Henry Newman and Benedict XVI and these lines are still worth reflecting on today:
"Each of us has a mission, each of us is called to change the world, to work for a culture of life, a culture forged by love and respect for the dignity of each human person. As our Lord tells us in the Gospel we have just heard, our light must shine in the sight of all, so that, seeing our good works, they may give praise to our heavenly Father (cf. Mt 5:16)."

Do I really believe that I am called to change the world? Yes, I think I do, but maybe it is not something that will be seen on the outside. I firmly believe I have a mission and that mission is to make known the love of Christ for the entire world. If we are all united in the love of God, the world would be changed. I guess I am also thinking that all of us are united as Jesus told us - He is the Vine and we are the branches.

My reflection is triggered by my reading yesterday. I finished a book about World War II and also read a book on spiritual friendship. Both made me realize how it is important to give God's love to each.

No comments: