Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Feast of St. Michael Archangel



I had to at least remind you of St. Michael's feast today; October 2nd is the feast of all the angels. It is my mother's birthday and I used to send my Guardian Angel to be with her on that day.
I leave today for two weeks. I shall pray for all at the shrine of St. Philippine in St. Charles where I shall be for four days which include a workshop on working with youth; I shall then have a week to do research in our general archives in St. Louis. The following week end I will finally get to go to Sugar Creek where Philippine went with others to work with the Indians. Lucille Mathevon was the superior of that little group and stayed on the Indian mission until her death. I have always wanted to go; it will be like a pilgrimage for me and I am excited about it! I will be back on the blog at least by October 15 and may be able to write before that but it is usually better to think that I will be away for two weeks and not writing the daily blog. However, I have prepared one for tomorrow to help prepare the Feast of Francis on October 4.
Now, for what I have promised on the third modality of doing from Tolle. We have looked at how acceptance is necessary to give us peace in all that we do and do not like to do; enjoyment is necessary for all and we come to this with the peace that comes from acceptance that leads us to enjoy what we are doing (at least most of the time) and the joy comes from within us. Then Tolle speaks of enthusiasm.

"Enthusiasm means there is deep enjoyment in what you do plus the added element of a goal or vision that you work toward. when you add a goal to the enjoyment of what you do, the energy-field or vibrational frequency changes. A certain degree of what we might call structural tension is now added to enjoyment, and so it turns into enthusiasm. At the height of creative activity fueled by enthusiasm, there will be enormous intensity and energy behind what you do. You will feel like an arrow that is moving toward the target--and enjoying the journey."

Tolle says that it is when you want to arrive at your goal more than you want to be doing what you are doing, you become stressed - that is not good. Tolle says that the word enthusiasm comes from the ancient Greek meaning God and the related word means to be possessed by God. He says that with enthusiasm "you will find that you don't have to do it all by yourself."

I am going to continue reflecting on my acceptance of tasks I do not like but are part of daily life and try to concentrate on finding joy within at every moment by living in the present and let enthusiasm help me to do whatever God is asking me. Let us pray for one another!

No comments: