Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jumping for Joy


You have heard the expression "Jumping with joy" or is it "Jumping for joy"? Both seem to express an interior movement when one is seized by joy. It can happen in an instant. I am sure we all have had experiences of this sudden joy that lightens up our life.
I opened to a hymn for today's morning prayer in my Magnificat this morning; I like it so much that I added two verses and will share all four with you; you can sing it to the tune of "Be thou my vision".

Lord of all hopefulness, Lord of all joy,
Whose trust, ever child-like, no cares can destroy,
Be there at our waking, and give us, we pray,
Your bliss in our hearts, Lord,
at the break of the day.

Lord of all eagerness, Lord of all faith,
Whose strong hands were skilled
at the plane and the lathe,
Be there at our labors, and give us, we pray,
Your strength in our hearts, Lord,
at the noon of the day.

(these are my verses)
Lord of all happiness, Lord of all bliss
Whose care ever present, no one can dismiss,
Be there at our resting, and give us, we pray,
Your peace in our hearts, Lord
at the end of the day.

Lord of all gentleness, Lord of all love,
Whose Heart ever on fire, pours love from above,
Be there at our praying, and give us, we pray,
Your love in our hearts, Lord
at all times of the day.


I suspect it would be easy to keep adding verses! May you all have a joy-filled day!

No comments: