Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow has a special silence


Even looking at a snow scene makes one "feel" the silence. The truth is that when is out in the snow, although it quiets and seems to bring a deep silence, it also helps magnify some sounds. You hear your own footsteps as they crunch through the snow. It is cold in Miami today and that brings to mind long forgotten snow days. I must say that I do not miss the snow. I like to look at it, but now I never need to sweep it off my car or try to drive through it. I have been too many years without it, but I still feel the magic of waking up and finding the world around me covered in white.
So much for my reflection today.
Actually, I am both reading and reflecting on the situation in Haiti and wondering if I have prayed enough for those poor people still suffering from both the effects of the earthquake and cholera. Let us pray today that help will speed up and reach so many that have dire needs.

No comments: