Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!


Today is the day the Lord has made; rejoice and be glad, Alleluia, Alleluia! It is a day to enter into the joy of the Lord. As many of you know, one of my favorite quotes of St. Madeleine Sophie is "Be simple, be humble, and bring joy to others." As I was praying this morning, this quote came back to me as being what Jesus did and what He wants me to do. It was almost as if Jesus told me that I am to bring His joy to others. I thought about that at the Mass and think it will be in very concrete ways, but it means that I myself must be filled with the joy of the Risen Jesus! He had done all that the Father asked of Him; He had conquered death for all of us. He was filled with the joy that no one can take from Him but that He wants to freely share with us. May today be a day when Jesus is going to be happy because we are all trying to give His Joy to each other!

No comments: