Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spy Wednesday


Tomorrow is Holy Thursday and I prefer to concentrate on that and the way Jesus must have felt as he prepared for the Supper with his friends; still, it is also Spy Wednesday and I am conscious of the betrayal and my own betrayal... let us pray for one another. I have not yet found my Profession ring so fear it is really lost!

Jesus gave us Himself in the Eucharist. Do I really understand what a wonderful gift His Presence is? Sometimes we take the Eucharistic Presence for granted and yet it is something so awesome that we can only adore and thank for this great gift. It is true that we find His Presence in many other ways, but there is a special grace to be able to sit in silence before the Eucharist; there is also the miracle that we are able to receive the Eucharist with its special grace of making us more like Christ. It is all a great mystery and let us spend time tomorrow thanking for this gift and just adoring Jesus who so loved us that He gave us himself in the Eucharist!

No comments: