Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Kindle


I have a Kindle, thanks to the generosity of my brother-in-law. It is such a wonderful gift and I love it. I have two Bibles and a New Testament on it as well as many other books, games, calendar, spiritual classics, etc. and so far almost everything has been free or 99 cents; I think I did pay $1.99 for two books. It is really marvelous to be able to carry your library with you. I have not yet downloaded files from my computer, but that is possible. I am going to try music next as I think you can both play classical music and read at the same time. Anyway, it is going to change my life as I now want to download so many great books that are free on the Internet.

This has nothing to do with my prayer except that I love having the Bible with me and can make the print big enough so that I can see the number of the verses easily. This morning I was going back to the way God has called me so often in my life and feel that it is often through a passage from Scripture; I guess now I will be going back and looking up my favorite passages where I have felt the Lord is speaking to me in a deeply personal way.

When directing retreats I used to tell people to make a list of Scripture passages that meant something to them (sometimes the first seven you think of) and then reflect on what God has been saying to you through His Word.) It is a good exercise for anyone to do at anytime!

No comments: