Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Birthdays


Today is my nephew's birthday. He is very special and he is even more special as he is my only nephew. He does not read this blog so I can say that he is one of the most selfless persons I know. He changed his college plans to be able to move in and take care of his paternal grandmother until she died. Then he continued in college but out west. After my mother died, we were very concerned about my Dad being alone. My nephew moved in with Dad for two years while still going to college and doing graduate work. He made it possible for my father to stay home and he also kept him young; my Dad learned to eat different things and told me that sometimes they had dinner quite late. I celebrate this life of my nephew who has since helped thousand of people through his present position. He has brought joy to many.
Tomorrow I am also celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday! I guess it is good to remember that we all need to thank God for our birth and all the birthdays we have had. It is always a joyous occasion to celebrate birth!

No comments: