Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Walking a wide path through life


Mother Stuart talked about the highways and byways; others talk about narrow or broad paths; others about crossroads and signposts. We are all on a journey and I am looking forward to leaving on my trip as I think it will be an exciting one this summer. It begins with the Higher Education meeting in San Diego which will be good because it is always good to see other RSCJs and discuss issues of interest to all connected with Higher Education and this meeting will include two from Peru and one from Canada and an exchange on Mother Stuart.
After the meeting I am staying in the community house at the University for a few days to see friends in the San Diego area before I visit my sister and brother-in-law for a few days on Coronado. Then I fly to Sacramento to visit another friend in Davis on August 9. One of my friends from high school and college is going to come pick me up and I will spend two nights with her in before going to Oakwood, our retirement home, where I will be in retreat from August 15-24 and I beg your prayer for that time. I am talking about my time away today to give you notice that I will not be writing my blog after July 27, but will be back posting by September 1.
Let us all explore different spiritual paths this summer; may we recognize that Jesus is always walking with us no matter what kind of path.

No comments: