Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

From Sunrise to Sunset



Every moment of the day we "live and move and have our being" in Christ. He is always with us and that makes every day special!
To return to my visit to California to share a few more highlights of the trip with you: In San Diego I went to lunch with one of my high school classmates so I have known her since 1944 or for 67 years! Her twin sister is dead as are about half of our class. We did not really reminisce as we were updating each other on present day news. The next day I spent with a dear friend from Los Angeles who came down to see me. She also took me to lunch and then we went back to my room to talk. I also had a delightful visit with our novice on Sunday when we went to lunch and then back to the house that is now the novitiate where I had visits with RSCJ friends. My sister and brother-in-law picked me up on Thursday and I stayed on Coronado with them until Tuesday. One highlight was going to the beach, of course, and the weather was perfect. Another was sitting on the village green and watching the many families who come on Sunday to picnic there with their children; when the band starts to play, many old and young dance around the circular bandstand and the whole crowd looks happy!
I could continue every day giving highlights of my trip. However, I am going to be mentioning a few spiritual books soon that I think worth reading; I just need to get myself organized a bit.

No comments: