Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Peaceful Day


It is Sunday and we had a Community planning day this afternoon so I am just now getting around to writing my blog. I am reflecting back still on the way God worked in my life this summer. When I was visiting a friend in Davis, I went to a group at the Episcopal Church that meets every week for a discussion and then a half hour of Centering Prayer. They were using the part of Father Keating's "The Mystery of Christ" that talks about the apparition of Jesus to Thomas on the Sunday after Easter. I found it so helpful to go back and imagine both how Jesus felt and how the apostles felt as well as how Thomas must have felt when Jesus came and stood in their midst and it was at that moment that I had the inspiration to maybe suggest to my retreat director that taking the Easter apparitions might be a good thing for me to do in retreat. She agreed and so I spent the eight days taking a different apparition each day and just staying with it. I found this fruitful and hope it still is going to help me during the year. I think that Jesus went around sharing his joy for those forty days after Easter and I would like to be able to do the same as we are called to spread the "Good News" and our world needs to hear it!
That is my reflection for today.

No comments: