Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Migrants - December Intention

That migrants throughout the world may be welcomed with generosity and authentic love, especially by Christian communities. (Let us all pray for this!)

The Pope's December intention for the Apostleship of Prayer is worth our reflection, but I am going to share what impressed me from the excellent Advent Day of Retreat given last Saturday by Father Bill Mason, OMI.

We are to think more of the Incarnation and less of "Christmas" in the sense that we get caught up in the external and material aspect instead of reflecting on the meaning of the Incarnation in our lives.
Reflection is a skill but we have the next four weeks to develop it in taking one Gospel each week and reading it straight through and reflecting on the impression Jesus makes on others and on us. See how Jesus relates with others, why He says this, or feels this, etc. Get in touch with the humanity of Jesus who was like us in all things except sin.

These are some of the thoughts that come to my mind from the first talk. I began reading Matthew's Gospel this morning and it has been some time since I tried to read straight through; I did eleven chapters and Jesus does come across as very human, but also one who is energetic and about the mission given Him by His Father.
Happy Advent. I will share more in the next days.  

No comments: