Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Oceans of the World

I had this picture filed under world oceans and when I pulled it up for this blog, I was amazed to see how much of our world is really ocean! I am always being amazed these days, but that is a good sign as I am also learning so many new things. My I-phone is a revelation; my Kindle now contains an entire library; my car has automatic windows that is a tremendous gift in Miami, and I am finding that I can link up with friends for games every day even if they are in Arizona!
Now, I have prepared a good mixture of snacks to munch on during the Super Bowl and I am praying for the team who plays better tonight to win and no one get hurt. We will have our Sunday night prayer a bit early and then watch the game - I am not sure I will make it to the end unless it is really quite close and then I shall stay.
My reflections are not very spiritual today, but I did spend time with the thought of how Jesus must have felt when the people in his home town not only did not accept him but were so angry that they wanted to get rid of him. The good thing about this Gospel today is that it shows Jesus was really like us except for sin, as St. Paul tells us. His neighbors never saw anything different in Jesus while he was growing up; he was a normal boy who had to grow in wisdom and grace.

No comments: