Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Behold this Heart which has so loved you...

This was sent to me by one of my directees who knows how I have been reading all I can about Pope Francis: It seems that during a Mass with the gardeners and other workmen for the Vatican the Pope asked them just to think and take time to pray for what they desired- the desires of their hearts. Then the Pope went and sat in the back of the church and prayed in silence with them before returning to continue the Mass.
By the way, if you are interested, the Pope's homily for last Sunday and a letter written to the British Prime Minister are both on the blog you find linked to mine on the right side.

Now, for another bit from Reverend Mother de Lescure's Circular Letter of November, 1949 - she tells us that St. Madeleine Sophie offered the Society of the Sacred Heart to the redemptive plans of the Heart of Jesus. "She saw it marked with His features, impregnated with His Spirit, united to His interior dispositions, and dependent upon His Life; and thus, rich in Him alone, it would carry to the world the message of His Love and say to souls: 'Behold This Heart which has so loved you.'"

We are to give the Heart of Jesus to souls. We are to make Him known and loved by all who come in contact with us...I guess I ask myself how I am letting the love of the Heart of Jesus pass through me to others? What can I do today to reveal God's love?

No comments: