Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

These trees are at the Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles where I went to boarding school during my four years of high school. I have such good memories of those years and thought being home three nights a week and at school for four nights was ideal. I had some wonderful teachers and, of course, the spirit of Mother Duchesne, now a canonized saint, penetrated the entire school and the grounds around it. I still feel her spirit when I return for a visit.
I read a good article from John Allen on the Pope as a Parish Pries for the World. He says that there are four
"defining features of Francis' leadership style: simplicity, humility, remaining largely apolitical, and being remarkably accessible to ordinary folks."
I think we need to keep praying that all pastors will practice these four features of  leadership style.

I am still reading for a second time the book on Jesus by Jose Pagola and Jesus certainly was known for his simplicity, humility, remaining largely apolitical, and being remarkably accessible to ordinary folks. In fact, he went out to preach in all the small villages to reach the people. His message was that the reign of God has come. He preached this with passion. He also showed compassion to all but seemed to seek out the lowly, the outcasts, those in most need. If everyone was compassionate, humble, and seeking to help others, our world would be different. 

No comments: