Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

On the Love of God

If June is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, then we are reflecting on the love of God all month. The Heart of Jesus refers to the whole person and Jesus is both human and divine. This is a quotation from Bonaventure that I found myself going back to lately in prayer: "God's power is his humility, God's strength is his weakness, God's greatness is his lowliness." (Quoted by Ilia Delio in The Humility of God.
I think we are closest to Jesus when we are humble, weak, and lowly. It is not easy to acknowledge our weaknesses yet when I do and rely on the Heart of Jesus, then I am able to do all that He asks. He told Sister Josefa, "Come to my Heart and there find all that you need, even if it is what I have asked of you."

If you want to watch the Holy Hour with the Holy Father in Rome, go to 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8z2b7tw-EPE#  or just look at the blog on the right, Whispers in the Loggia. I just watched it and found it very prayerful. I felt as though I were really in St. Peter's adoring the Blessed Sacrament.

No comments: