Search This Blog

Friday, November 29, 2013

Are you a woman who believes in herself?

A friend who reads my blog sent this picture that says so much to me; the water is gorgeous, but there is also the beach, a path, and mountains plus boats and trees - what more could anyone want in one picture? It gives me joy just to look at it and peace as the water is so calm.
Today I am sharing a verse that came to me on a birthday card many years ago and I had copied it on the cover of my autobiography but then discovered it again this morning - I hope we are all striving to be women (and men) who believe in themselves!

There is an inner beauty about a woman who believes in herself, 
who knows she is capable of everything she puts her mind to.
There is a beauty in the strength and determination
of a woman who follows her own path, who isn't thrown off
by obstacles along the way.
There is a beauty about a woman whose confidence comes from experience-
who knows she can fall, pick  herself up, and  go on.

I have just added another book on Prayer under "Recent Spiritual Books" - it is by Pope Benedict and takes up the forty-five prayer topics he used for his general audiences 2011-2012. I have only read some of it and find it good and solid with reflections on the Psalms, on Jesus and Prayer, etc.
I will no doubt quote from the one on "Silence" in a future blog.

No comments: