Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thirsty for God

Do we go to prayer full of desire to be with God? Do we really want to deepen our relationship with Him?
Do we allow God to love us?
 We are having Forty Hours at St. Augustine where I go to noon Mass so yesterday I went back just to sit there in the Presence of God and thought what a great way to spend Philippine's Feast! I will do the same today.
 I have gone back to a deep insight that I had at the Trinita in Rome before my final profession. It is hard to put into words, but I realized that I needed to develop a real relationship with each person in the Blessed Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Not much seems to have been written about this - I do a great deal of spiritual reading and have read so many books on prayer, but seldom do I find anyone speaking about our way of relating in prayer to each of the three persons in the Trinity. However, Pope Francis has something in Open Mind, Faithful Heart that I will share with you tomorrow. I am late today as someone was using the computer but do want to share this one tidbit that came this morning from Contemplative Outreach:


"Prayer is the disposition that expresses our relation to God ...  So the invitation, then, is:  if you would like the deeper knowledge of God, if you want to enter into this process that leads to divine union and peace, to the sensitivities of the fruits of the Spirit, to the dance of contemplative prayer and action, in which God guides you more than your own ego and self-centered programs for happiness, then enter your Inner Room."

Thomas Keating,
The Spiritual Journey Series, Part V

No comments: