Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2013

New Book

I have just received "Open Mind, Faithful Heart: Reflections on Following Jesus" by Pope Francis! This is a book of the Pope's writings when still a Cardinal. It "presents the person and the teaching of Jesus as a way of life that is both human and divine..." This is taken from the flap, but it is a book I think I am going to find very enriching. The first part is about "Encountering Jesus" and has such titles as "Jesus in Dialogue"; Living in Constant Encounter; Believing in Joy; Joy and Perseverance; -  that is only naming the first four in the fourteen meditations that make up the first section. There are four sections and 48 reflections so it is a book I know I will be reading and reflecting on for some time. It is to be read slowly and I am going off to begin now! I am rather glad that this book arrived on the Feast of All Saints and I am posting it in my Monday blog. I will keep you informed. In the meantime, I hope all are still finding fruit in the wonderful book of Jose Pagola: "Jesus: An Historical Approximation."

No comments: