Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes

One time, after giving the thirty-day retreat to priests and other Religious at Manresa in Spain, I drove through the mountains to Lourdes. I was there for Pentecost and still remember how impressed I was with the great crowd of people who showed such faith. The people impressed me but not the many shops selling souvenirs. Fortunately, this was done away from the shrine. It was a long time ago, but I still remember the atmosphere and the Mass that was said on the eve of Pentecost.

To continue with the Pope's Gospel of Joy - (in Spanish, so I was informed, they say "The Joyous Gospel") - I need time to grasp the many, many things that the Pope says and that are true to the Gospel but hard to reconcile with what I see being taught and lived especially in some of the ones who are Catholics in front of the public - some Bishops, priests, theology professors, etc. I guess instead of copying more today I will just pray that we all begin to live what Jesus came to teach us and the Holy Father is trying to show us how to do this today!

No comments: