Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Love Everyone

Sunday's Gospel has Jesus telling us to even love our enemies. I had a lovely group here last night; they all work at our school and four of them I had for the Busy Persons' Retreat and the others also made that retreat and wanted to meet monthly as a spirituality group. We do some Centering Prayer and then discuss the Sunday's Gospel and other readings. It is very life-giving for me as is my weekly faith-sharing group at St. Thomas University. What made me want to write today is a commentary I read by Jose Pagola who stresses cordiality at home, in the workplace, everywhere. He says that we need to treat everyone with cordiality and at all times. I thought this was helpful - we do it not to be polite but to show love for one another.

No comments: