Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Reflection

Sunday is a day of rest, relaxation, and renewal. There is more time for prayer, reading, and just being. However, we need to make the day really God's Day or we will be working, washing, worrying, and miss the day of rest that God intended us to have. Now, so many people need to work on Sunday, but I hope at least some of them have one day a week that is possible, with planning, to make a day of rest.

I do want to say something about the Sunday Gospel. However, when I read it I just thought of how important it is to have positive thoughts; to believe in others and see the good. We want others to see the good in us, but are we able to focus only on the good in others and see their best side? I think I need to try harder as I think critical thoughts are harmful.
I also was reading one of the Pope's homilies and felt guilty when he said we should not watch the clock during Mass - it is God's time and each Mass is a theophany, a manifestation of God's glory.

 God is active and present in a special way in each Liturgy and I am one who is guilty of looking at my watch...

No comments: