Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Feast of the Visitation



My imagination runs away with me when I try to imagine the journey and then the meeting with Elizabeth. I also like to see Mary staying with Elizabeth to help her and both of them so caught up in the whole mystery that God involved them in so suddenly and so startling - their lives were changed forever. And then we can imagine the babies that were growing in the womb of each. I love Elizabeth saying that the child in her womb jumped for joy when Mary came. I guess we are free to imagine the scene anyway we want and then just be there with Mary. I also think I am to learn from her who was so thoughtful of others, who did not think of herself, who "went with haste" and who gave joy.

The Holy Father gave a homily on joy after his return from the Holy Land. I was struck by the Prefaces for after Easter and for the Feast of the Ascension and Pentecost. They all speak of being  overcome with paschal joy - are you feeling overcome with this Paschal Joy?

Here is the exact ending for all of these Prefaces:
"Therefore, overcome with paschal joy,
every land, every people exults in your praise
and even the heavenly Powers, with the angelic hosts,
sing together the unending hymn of your glory,
as they acclaim, Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of Hosts...

I am rejoicing on a new year of life !!

No comments: