Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

So much to be grateful for...




Today may be my last day at St. Thomas University until next September. The students have left but summer school has begun and there is still noon Mass; then I have lunch with Patrick and Centering Prayer and faith-sharing on next Sunday's Gospel with three close friends - the three men in my life! We have been praying together and sharing each week for many years. I will be in Miami until July 30 when I go to California for my retreat and visit with our Religious out there.

When I look back on my life, there are so many graces to thank the Lord for that I get lost in my memories. Yesterday and today's pictures are scenes from Chile where I spent twenty wonderful years; I thank the Lord for the grace to have had this great experience and for all the graces received during those years. When I look back on that period of my life, I am amazed at how the Lord Himself was so present and directing the events and circumstances even before I was asked to go straight from Rome to Chile and without knowing any Spanish! What sometimes seems crazy seems to have been a special calling from the Lord.
Thank You, Lord, for all the graces of this past week, month, year, and all the graces You have been giving me since my birth!

No comments: