Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Wisdom from above



This is not a very good photo but it does show our tiny Chapel with a view of one end of the pool. I love the Chapel and find that Jesus waits for me in it every afternoon. It is so helpful to be able to just sit in front of the Blessed Sacrament and words are not needed. I do listen and know that sometimes I hear God speaking to me.

This Sunday's second reading is from the Letter of St. James and this is what jumped out at me: "But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without inconsistency or insincerity. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace."

Am I gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits? How consistent am I?

I think that following Jesus takes courage; we need this wisdom from above in order to be peace-makers. And our world is in such need of peace - peace in our hearts, peace in our communities, peace in the city, peace in the country, peace in the world.

No comments: