Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2015

Mary's Fests this week


The second week of Advent has two feasts of Our Lady. We celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary tomorrow, December 8, and also begin this wonderful and extraordinary Holy Year of Mercy. On Saturday, we celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe and it is also the birthday of our Mother Foundress, St. Madeleine Sophie. I took the habit on this feast 65 years ago!
I am excited about the Year of Mercy for it is such an opportunity to draw closer to the Heart of Jesus. Our misery attracts His mercy - that is something I have believed from the beginning of my life in the Society of the Sacred Heart. I had an experience in prayer that made it impossible for me to ever doubt the mercy of God and especially I saw that my misery attracts the mercy that flows from the Heart of Christ, and His Heart is open for us to enter and dwell there.

No comments: