Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Emergent Christ



I am reading the Chapter on the Resurrection and Transformation in "The Emergent Christ" for at least the fourth time. It is a book that I go back to, hoping to understand more each time. This year some friends have come each month to discuss a chapter of the book and we have had some great spiritual, theological and ecological discussions. What each reading does for me is deepen my gratitude for the faith I have. I know that Jesus rose from the dead and that each of us will also have new life after death. We are made for God who loves each of us with an infinite, tender, and unconditional love; yes, God loves us just as we are and wants us to be happy both here and for all eternity with Him.

This week after Easter has been full of joy in seeing how Jesus is present in my life, now. We are never alone. We can always go to the Heart of Jesus to draw out what we need, even if it is what He asks of us. He told Sister Josefa: "Come to my Heart and there find all you need, even if it is what I have asked of you."

No comments: