Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Fun and grave thoughts


My sister-in-law, Anita Rosenthal, and I are on the 17 Mile Drive and my brother took this picture. I miss them, but my sister and her husband will arrive next Wednesday for two nights and really, there has been so much to do that I have a hard time just getting quiet to write my blog.
Yesterday I had to collect and give to the Pastoral Ministry office all the certificates I have been carrying around for years: birth, First Communion, Confirmation, First Vows, Final Profession, Social Security, Passport, etc. and then had to write suggestions for the readings and songs I want at my funeral! I finished that last night. Actually, this had been done once before and filed with our area director, but I did not find it among my papers so redid it and it is rather a grave experience to be planning one's own funeral! As you can see from the picture, I am not near dying. I will be cremated and then buried in the Oakwood cemetery. I hope I have many visitors before I go there.

No comments: