Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Re-Reading Your Week?



This picture was taken on the 17 Mile Drive and we had a gorgeous day. Now, I have been reflecting on the past week and how many graces I have received. I think I shall try to do this each Sunday. It is inspired by reading the calls of the Argentina-Uruguay Province as part of our preparation for the General Chapter in July. They speak of a weekly "re-reading". I would like to do this and perhaps look for someone to do it with here at Oakwood.
I have been faithful to writing a review of the month and sharing it during this year and find it helpful. I call it "Checking in" and I have enjoyed doing this as it helps me to see what the Lord is saying to me and doing in me. Of course, it helps that I try to jot something down in my Journal daily.
Here are a couple of thoughts from the little Elf Help booklet, Prayer Therapy" as I intend to give the booklet away today to someone who is recovering from surgery and is in rehab:
"Prayer has many methods. Do it your own way."
"If for any reason you cannot pray, relax. The desire to pray is already a prayer."
"When your heart is bursting with thanks, just be. God's spirit is praying within you."
"When you are overawed my Mystery, just be. God's spirit is praying within you."

No comments: