Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Joy Lasts



For some reason, I cannot put a picture into my blog the way I usually do. I am sure I will figure this out or just cut and paste, but I get frustrated when something I have been doing every day for years suddenly will not work!
I just received a book by Sister Wendy Beckett that I had not known about before I saw it listed under her name. The title is Joy lasts: On the Spiritual in Art. As I have recently read again her book on Prayer, I am looking forward to this one.

As I have mentioned before, some of us have a Senior student and see them for an hour each week. My student from last year just gave me great joy by sending me a long e-mail telling me how much he is learning after only a week of classes. Then, this morning, the student I have this year shared two of his college application essays which is a tremendous help in getting to know him.

I do have a quote for you again today:
"Prayer is sitting in the silence until it silences us, choosing gratitude until we are grateful, praising God until we ourselves are a constant act of praise." Richard Rohr

And here is another quote I love from Mother Teresa:
"Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at God's disposition, and listening for Love's voice in the depths of our heart."

No comments: