Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2018

Labor Day?

Now that so many stores stay open, this may be a day of labor, but mostly it is a holiday to give one a rest from work and at the same time, it is a celebration of work. We can be so thankful that there is the opportunity for good, honest work. I feel for all those who cannot find jobs or find something that is only part-time and not at all the kind of job they want or even have been trained to do. Let us pray for all those who are out there still seeking jobs. Many are college graduates with debts to pay off because of loans to get an education and then they cannot get a job.
I guess I am grateful that I always had meaningful work to do.
May everyone enjoy this holiday this year. I think we are having a Bingo Party and then a picnic in the patio. I do not remember what we did last year here, but look forward to the holiday this year.
Here is a word for the day that I love:

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Leo Buscaglia

No comments: