Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Eve of Pentecost


It is the eve of a great Feast. What would we do without the Holy Spirit? Here is a quote from St. Madeleine Sophie who had such a strong devotion to the Holy Spirit:

"If I could only make you realize the happiness of a soul who gives herself to the Holy Spirit wholly and without reserve! She is no longer the one who acts, it is God himself. She moves only to follow his inspirations. Everything comes easy for her: the Holy Spirit has taken possession of her..."

Let us give ourselves to the Holy Spirit tomorrow, wholly and without reserve!
I also want to remind you that after tomorrow I will not be writing my blog until maybe June 24. We will be in retreat now from June 15 to June 23 and I will be away for five days beginning Monday. I have, however, put one of the prayers we say every day in preparation for the Feast of Pentecost; I will just put one petition for each day of this week when I am away.

No comments: