Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Friends

Last night when I wrote my blog about the delightful supper with the girls from Villa Duchesne I forgot to put today's date so, of course, it was published last night. That is the reason I am writing again this morning. I have been thinking so much about the value of friendships and how grateful I am to having had so many really wonderful friends; I still have wonderful friends, but I also have many now in heaven. I think friendship is a gift, but it is also to be cultivated. Pope Francis speaks so often about the culture of encounter - going out to others, listening to them to know their stories, their hopes and dreams. 
I have been reading the Pope's Apostolic Exhortation, Christus Vivit to Young People and to the Entire People of God. I think that the Holy Spirit is inspiring me to use some of this Exhortation in my blogs after this week. Now, I still want to share more of my retreat and prepare for the feasts of the Sacred Heart of Jesus this Friday and the Immaculate Heart of Mary on Saturday.

No comments: