Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Called to "set sail" in new ways


I am still out there in a boat as one of the calls of our last General Chapter was that of "setting sail" to reach new frontiers. To go back to sharing from my retreat, I connect this with our vocation to be prophets. This does not mean that I am called to announce the future, but it does mean that I am called to announce the good news of salvation and denounce the things that keep us from loving one another as Jesus has asked us to do.
I guess the plight of the refugees and the thousand of children who have been detained at our own borders is what I am trying to change but mostly by prayer and supporting petitions and those who are out there trying to do something positive to get the children out of these horrible conditions. 

No comments: