Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2019

Prayer and retreat

This picture was taken at the Dominican House in Santa Cruz where I have gone for my guided imagery retreats. I will be across the street at Villa Maria del Mar today until Friday. My friend, Patrick, has come from Miami and we will have four days of retreat together. We usually pray together in the afternoon and then share and talk at dinner. He will also have a few nights at Oakwood both before and after our time at Villa Maria del Mar. Please pray for this retreat which is such a grace for both of us.

Someone gave me some things to share on my blog. Here is one of them: (It is the first verse of five verses by St. Seraphim of Sarov and is entitled "Silence")
When you pray, be like the mountain
in stillness, in silence;
thoughts rooted in eternity.
Do nothing, just sit, just be;
and you will harvest the fruit of your prayer.

I shall share the rest of the verses tomorrow.

No comments: