Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2019

First Friday of July

When I think of First Friday, I remember our hours before the Blessed Sacrament. To be truthful, I also remember when I had the experience of 7th and 8th grade in a parochial school, the breakfasts after Mass in the Church basement. We would be served hot cocoa and cinnamon rolls and that seemed to make First Fridays special. I knew, because of my many years at the Academy of the Visitation, that the First Friday devotion began with Jesus asking this of Saint Margaret Mary. It was only when I went to the Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles that I learned about the idea of reparation. Now, some Catholic churches have perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament; I am sure this has been a source of strength for many and has led to many good works. 
I have found that one only needs to sit in the Presence of the Blessed Sacrament and let Jesus love us and a gradual transformation takes place. 

No comments: