Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Attitudes of Gratitude

There is a book that I often keep near me and I am sure that I have quoted from it in past blogs. The title is Attitudes of Gratitude: How to Give and Receive Joy Every Day of Your Life  by M.J. Ryan and I think the book is about thirty years old and still so helpful, especially now when the news is so bad and we are in need of joy. Here is one quote today that is from the last chapter whose title is "The Deepening Journey"; the quote is from Mark Nepo:

"What amazes me is that before we can count we are taught to be grateful for what others do. As we are broken open by our experience, we begin to be grateful for what is, and if we live long enough and deep enough and authentically enough, gratitude becomes a way of life."

Let us pray for one another that we may all find that gratitude is a way of life and is a way to experience joy and to give joy to others.

No comments: