Search This Blog

Monday, June 8, 2020

Experiencing the Trinity

In his book Experiencing the Trinity, Darrell W. Johnson tells us that thinking about God as Trinity is hard work. I am so glad that I lived in the Trinita dei Monti in Rome for five months before my final profession at Mother House of the Society. I learned to pray there in a deeper, more contemplative way and it was there that I realized I needed to develop a personal relationship with each Person in the Blessed Trinity. 

I think we need to continue to deepen our relationship with each Person in the Trinity. It is true, I usually spend my time in prayer with Jesus, but to be with Jesus is also to be with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Since the Trinity is a mystery, we cannot fully understand it. However, we can spend this day honoring the presence of the Holy Trinity in our lives.

No comments: