Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Come and See

 Praying with Psalm 63 today may be helpful. Just stay with the verse that helps you most. I am only copying the first nine verses as the last three are very different and it is the first ones that help me to pray this Psalm. Remember, you can stay with just one or two verses that seem to speak to you.

O God, you are my God; eagerly I seek you; my soul is athirst for you.

My flesh also faints for you, as in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.

So would I gaze upon you in your holy place, that I might behold our power and your glory.

Your loving-kindness is better that life itself and so my lips shall praise you.

I will bless you as long as I live and lift up my hands in your name. 

My soul shall be satisfied, as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise you with joyful lips,

When I remember you upon my bed and meditate on you in the watches of the night.

For you have been my helper and under the shadow of your wings will I rejoice.

My soul clings to you; your right hand shall hold me fast."

That is enough for today, and I just want to invite you to maybe look more closely at the Psalms as a source of prayer, but remember that we need to use our imagination to apply them to our own context!


No comments: